Italian Furniture Shopping in Rome
Uncovering Rome’s legacy in furniture design and décor
Have a look at some of the best stores where to buy italian furniture in Rome
Historical culture and modern industry in Rome
Rome, the eternal city, has always been a symbol of history, culture, and innovation within Italy. The businesses born and developed in its territory have often marked the city in terms of international fame and prestige. From renowned film production companies, such as Cinecittà, to fashion powerhouses, like Fendi, and the emergence of tech startups, Rome has always been a hub of entrepreneurship and business activity.
Fusing tradition and innovation: Rome’s dynamic design scene
Design has always been a hot and contemporary trend in Rome. Many cultural and creative activities take place monthly within the city. From museums like MAXXI (Museum of 21st Century Art) to art and design schools such as the Rome University of Fine Arts, various initiatives around the city engage groups in the realization of creative, Italian projects. In contexts like these, recent environmental issues meet the design industry, giving rise to new ideas, used both in exterior and interior design. The characteristics of Italian design are notoriously meticulous attention to detail, elegance, and modern creativity. Among Italian brands are some of the best worldwide brands in the furniture and design industry. Many of the retailers where one can find the best of Italian design are based in Rome and can easily be spotted, with their large showrooms, around the city center. Whether you’re wandering the winding streets of Trastevere or exploring the fashionable Via Dei Condotti, you’ll encounter a plethora of stores showcasing the very best in Italian furniture design. In Rome, historical grandeur and contemporary design coalesce, offering an unparalleled shopping experience for those seeking unique, high-quality furnishings.
Italian furniture retailers in Rome
Find here below a short selection of the best Italian furniture retailers in Rome.
1. MOBILNOVO: Via Anastasio II 103 - 00165 Roma. Mobilnovo, founded in Rome in the late 1960s, immediately had a clear mission: to bring grand design to the public. From its inception, Mobilnovo has embraced beauty and creativity, showcasing furnishing solutions for everyday use. Above all, Mobilnovo consistently seeks and promotes brands and designers known for adding value and beauty in the furnishing world. Their philosophy is to champion a style and elegance that encapsulates the contemporary quest of interior design. Within Mobilnovo's brand portfolio are some of Italy's finest, including Poltrona Frau, Minotti, Baxter, Flou, Cesar, Poliform, and Knoll.
2. SPAZIO 5 ARREDAMENTI: Via Nemorense, 86 A/B/C/D - 00199 Roma. Spazio 5 Arredamenti was founded in September 2013, built on Claudio Morozzi's thirty-year experience in the furnishing world. His concept of "everyday luxury" is expressed through one keyword: Emotion! Morozzi believes that anything evoking emotion is a way of being, perceiving spaces, and finding oneself within them. With this philosophy, he revitalized and brought to life the new Spazio 5 showroom, sharing with customers his passion for excellence, design, sophistication, and, importantly, space personalization. Inside the Spazio 5 Arredamenti showroom, you'll find notable brands such as Nemo, Cassina, Dada, Lema, Vitra, Artek, Desalto, and Molteni & C.
3. ARREDAMENTO BENEDETTI: Via Pietro Querini 19/31 - 00153 Roma. Arredamento Benedetti is a company that genuinely lives and breathes furnishings. With three specialized stores in Rome, they offer qualified staff capable of addressing and fulfilling every request. With vast industry experience, Benedetti Arredamenti ensures choices always align with clients' furnishing expectations and needs. For them, innovation and beauty are the essence of their work, hence they only offer leading furnishing brands. Furthermore, the company team is available for customized planning, focusing on the aesthetic and functional aspects of each space. In their stores, you'll find top-tier brands like Zalf, Caccaro, Zampieri, Gruppo Euromobil, Calia, Fiam, Kartell.
4. GIOVANNETTI MOBILI: Via Bevagna 9 – 00191 Roma. In Rome's heart, Giovannetti Mobili embodies Italian passion for design and creativity since 1933. In an ever-evolving world, their dedication to good taste and genuine craftsmanship remains unchanged. These qualities, combined with their entrepreneurial spirit, have made Italy a global design leader. Giovannetti Mobili faced an emerging threat in the furnishing sector: cultural flattening. This trend, driven by the rise of "single-brand" furnishing stores, limits design variety and creativity. Many historic stores, seeking easier business management, began selling furniture from only one manufacturer, risking the creation of sterile, monotonous environments. Counteracting this trend, Giovannetti Mobili has always offered its customers and architects seeking inspiration a selection of the finest Italian furnishing productions. Their showroom hosts a range of both Italian and international brands. Among the brands available at Giovannetti Mobili, you'll find Fontanarte, Calligaris, Gervasoni, Lafalegnami, Lema, Driade, Dedon, and Giessegi.
5. CAPPIELLO DESIGN: Viale Jonio 250 / 260 - 00141 Roma. Cappiello Design, based in Rome, is more than just a furnishing showroom. It's a hub of ideas and creativity, where interior architecture transcends personal taste to become a genuine living culture. Established in 1956 under Carmine Cappiello's guidance, and now led by his heir, Raffaella Cappiello, it has become a benchmark in design and furnishing. For Cappiello Design, furnishings aren't just about functionality or aesthetics; they're elements to be wholly experienced. Whether it's furniture, kitchens, or any detail defining a home, each component is seen as part of a harmonious and integrated whole. The brand's philosophy rests on three keywords: experimentation, research, and innovation. These principles guide every aspect of Cappiello Design's work, from product identification to design approach. It's not just a showroom; Cappiello Design is a nexus of art, design, and architecture. The company specializes in revamping residential and commercial spaces and is also committed to creating spaces that foster well-being. With projects like "Famiglia Sicura" and "Progetto Vitasana," Cappiello Design pays special attention to human health in relation to the environment they live and work in. Issues such as seating ergonomics, sleep systems, sound absorption, and chromotherapy are tackled. Among the brands in the showroom, you'll find Adl, Adriani & Rossi, Foscarini, Kartell, Opinion Ciatti, Porada, and Lema, each unique and contributing to the design landscape.
6. FRATTALI: Via Aurelia 678 - 00165 Roma. Frattali has been an icon of design and furnishing in Rome for over 30 years. Established with the idea of offering innovative and high-quality design solutions, it has evolved into one of the most sought-after destinations for luxury furnishing and contemporary design enthusiasts. Frattali's story is a testament to a love for art, design, and innovation. Since its opening, Frattali has continually strived to bring the best of Italian and international design to its clientele. This dedication and commitment to excellence is evident in every facet of the company, from product selection to customer care. Frattali's goal is to provide a unique furnishing shopping experience. To achieve this, the company features a broad selection of luxury design brands. Among them, you'll find prestigious names such as Arrital, Cassina, Flos, Flou, Gervasoni, Giorgetti, Minotti, Vitra, Zanotta, and many more.
7. BRERA INTERNI: Online-based. This digital storefront epitomizes modern flair with a touch of sophistication. Specializing in online commerce, they proudly showcase top-tier Italian brands, including Campeggi, Giorgetti, Gervasoni, Glas Italia, Lago, Lema, Meridiani, Midj, Riflessi. Their diverse selection stretches from furniture to accessories and illuminates with lighting options from brands like Tooy, Penta Light, Barovier & Toso, Contardi. Furthermore, the catalog also embraces decorative elements, championing brands such as Dedar and Pierre Frey.